There are several recipes that you can make with rigatoni pasta, both vegetarian and non-veg. Here I am going to share both veg and non-veg recipes. First, I am starting with the non-veg one.
Cheesy Chorizo And Rigatoni
Are you having a potluck in your office or in your friend’s house? Then you can make this awesome dish to fascinate your friends. So, let’s start.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Serves – 8 people
- Rigatoni pasta – 16 ounce
- Chorizo sausage – 1pound, sliced
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
- Onion – 1, diced
- Green bell pepper – 1, diced
- Whole milk – 2 cups
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Salt and pepper – ¼ tsp
- Flour – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 14.5 ounce, diced
- Minced garlic – 2 cloves
- Take a pot of water; add salt and pasta, and put it on the medium flame. Let it boil for about 10 minutes so that the pasta becomes soft. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Place a skillet over medium flame and as it is hot, add 1 tbsp of butter, garlic, bell pepper, and onion. Sautee for a few minutes and add the chorizo slices. Cook them for about 10 minutes so that the pink color of the sausage goes away.
- Now take a saucepan and add the remaining butter in it. As the butter melts, add flour. Stir for a few minutes until you get a good smell. Now pour the milk and simmer it.
- Add pepper, salt and tomatoes. Let it cook on low flame till the sauce becomes thick and creamy.
- Now mix the prepared sausage as well as the cooked pasta and give it a good mix. Top it with parmesan and serve.
Now it is time for the veggie pasta recipe. Delicious pasta prepared with eggplants, loads of cheese, olives, and mushrooms will make you crave for more.
Eggplant Rigatoni – Veggie’s Delight
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Serves – 6 people
- Rigatoni pasta – 16 ounce
- Vegetable broth – ½ cup
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Kalamata olives – 15, chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Sliced garlic – 2 cloves
- Mushrooms – 8 ounce, cut into small pieces
- Goat cheese – 8 ounce, big pieces
- Eggplant – 1, large and diced
- Tomato puree – 28 ounce
- Dried thyme – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red pepper flakes – to taste
- First, boil the pasta in salted water till it is soft. Remove the excess water and keep it aside.
- Take a skillet and add oil and put it on medium flame. As the oil becomes hot, fry the onion along with garlic.
- Next, add the mushrooms and stir for a few minutes till they are soft. Mix the eggplants, olives, vegetable broth and tomatoes. Give them a good mix.
- Sprinkle salt, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Now let it cook for about half an hour on a low flame.
- When the eggplants become soft, mix the pasta and stir well so that the pasta gets coated with the eggplant gravy.
- Now it’s done. Spread the goat cheese on the top and serve the pasta in a plate.