Ravioli Made With 4 Cheese Varieties And Pesto Sauce
Do you want to surprise your guests with your culinary skill? Want to make a dish that is mostly obtainable in a restaurant? Then go for this Italian classic ravioli recipe that is prepared with four varieties of cheese. The pesto-alfredo sauce adds a feather on the hat. Even though the ingredients are bigger and directions are big, the outcome is worth it.
Preparation time – 45 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Flour – 2 cups
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1tsp
- Egg – 2
- Salt – a pinch
- Cream cheese – 4 ounces, softened
- Ricotta cheese – 8 ounce
- Egg – 1
- Mozzarella cheese – ½ cup, grated
- Provolone cheese – ½ cup, grated
- Parsley – a handful, fresh and chopped
- Egg – 1
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Basil pesto sauce – 3 tbsp
- Marinara sauce – 24 ounce
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Heavy cream – 2 cups
- Minced garlic – 2 cloves
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup, grated
Making The Dough
- Clean the worktop and pour the flour and salt on it. Mix well.
- Now take a bowl and whisk the egg, olive oil, and water. Pour half of this concoction into the flour mixture. Mix them and pour the remaining egg blend into it and keep mixing till a soft dough is formed.
- Once the dough is smooth and soft, take plastic and wrap it properly and keep in the refrigerator for about one hour. Make sure that the dough is not sticky.
Prepare The Filling
Take a bowl and mix the four varieties of cheese along with egg and chopped parsley. Your ravioli filling is ready. Keep it aside.
Make Pest-Alfredo Sauce
- Take a skillet and put on medium heat. Pour the olive oil and minced garlic. Sautee and mix pesto sauce. Stir for a few minutes and add the heavy cream.
- Now increase the flame. As soon as the cream mixture starts to boil, lower the heat. Mix the parmesan cheese and simmer for a few minutes. As the cheese melts completely, switch off the flame.
- In another pan, pour the marinara sauce and put it on low flame to make it warm
Egg Wash Making
Mix the egg with water and whisk very well. Keep it aside and preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll it in thin sheets. Brush it with egg wash and put the prepared filling on it in small quantities, keeping a gap between two fillings.
- When done, put another pasta sheet over it. With your fingertip, seal the edge of the filling so that separate ravioli shapes form.
- Now take a pizza cutter and detach each. Put them in salted boiled water and let it boil for about 6 minutes till they arrive at the surface.
- Pour these boiled dumplings on a baking sheet and put it in the oven. Bake till they get a brownish tinge.
- When done, transfer it into a bowl. Pour the marinara sauce along with the pesto sauce. Your unresistingly delicious ravioli is ready.