Pasta salad is an easy and quick fix menu that is not only healthy but also very delicious. Here are some quick and easy pasta salad recipes that you can prepare at home.
Pasta Salad Recipe
Patty Pan Pappardelle Pasta Recipe
Pattypan pappardelle pasta is an epic dish and a favorite to many of us. You may argue that pasta is loaded with carbs, but you should not forget loads of nutrition added to this recipe as well. This pasta makes good use of summer squash, a vegetable that most of us do not like to eat. However, surprisingly, when blended with this easy-peasy recipe, it tastes divine. The whole recipe can be prepared within 20 minutes. Ricotta cheese and lemon juice in the end enhances the flavor of the dish. You will surely get all the ladies’ approval for this dish in your next get together.
- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 garlic, sliced
- 3/4 pound pattypan squash, sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup ricotta Salata
- 1 lemon juice, and zest kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- Take a large pan and cook the pasta according to the instructions mentioned on the packet.
- You can also make this pasta from scratch at home. Once your pasta strips are ready, boil them for 5 minutes in a pan with some salt. Freshly made pappardelle pasta will definitely taste better than the packet one.
- Now take a big skillet and heat some olive oil on medium flame. Toss in some red chilly flakes and thyme, stir continuously to prevent them from burning. Now add the shallots and keep stirring to combine all the ingredients. Once the shallots turn translucent, add in the sliced garlic pieces and cook for a few more seconds. Next, put the sliced squashed pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until you find it cooked and done. Season with salt as per taste.
- Transfer the pasta into the same skillet and stir to mix all the ingredients. Remove from the flame, and add the ricotta Salata and the lemon juice. Again, continue to stir all the ingredients and transfer on a serving plate. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and fresh thyme.
Orange, Artichokes Pasta Salad
Artichokes can have a lot of healthy quotient and freshness to this dish. This healthy salad with artichokes, oranges, and radishes, tastes amazing and refreshing. The fusilli pasta gives you a satisfying feel. Have a quick look at the preparation instructions. The recipe below is for 4 servings.
- 4 Artichokes
- 4 oranges, peeled and de-skinned
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- 12 kalamata
- Fusilli Pasta boiled and drained
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Take a pan of boiling water and cook the artichokes until they become nice and tender. This should take around 20 to 25 minutes.
- Also, squeeze half a lemon in the boiling water while cooking artichokes.
- Drain when done and keep aside to cool.
- Next, remove the artichoke leaves and extract the choke from each artichoke.
- Now, slice the vegetable into thin wedges and keep aside.
- Squeeze the other half of lemon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the peeled and sectioned oranges, after discarding the white pith and orange seeds.
- Add the pasta to the dish and mix it thoroughly.
- While serving, mix the boiled pasta, artichokes and oranges in a bowl.
- Garnish the plates with radish slices,
- Mix the lemon juice with olive oil and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle the dish with salt and paprika.
These are amazing pasta salad recipes that are filling and refreshing.