Italian Sausage Pasta: A 20 Minute One-Pot Dinner
When you are in search of a recipe that you can make within 20 minutes and will taste yummy, opt for the Italian sausage pasta. Spicy Italian sausage mixed with tomato sauce and pasta gives an alluring taste to this recipe.
With bare minimum ingredients and full of taste and flavor, this penne pasta recipe is going to win over your heart. The sausage adds the perfect spiciness while the canned tomatoes add the required piquancy. A one-pot comfort meal to tickle your taste buds – do not deprive yourself of having an excellent dish.
This penne pasta recipe takes less than twenty minutes and serves as the perfect one-pot dinner. You can also make it in advance and warm it at the time of eating. So, let us start with the recipe. You will not be disappointed.
Recipe Of Italian Sausage pasta
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Resting time – 2 minutes
Serving – 4
- Hot Italian pork sausage – ¾ pound, cut into small pieces
- Minced onion – ½
- Water – 1 ¼ cup
- Tomatoes – 1 can, diced
- Tomato sauce – 1 cup
- Penne pasta – 8 ounces
- Red pepper flakes – 1/8 tsp
- Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup, grated
- Put a large skillet on medium heat. As the skillet becomes hot, add the minced onions along with the Italian sausage pieces. Let them cook for about five minutes.
- Now mix the tomato puree, red pepper flakes, water, penne pasta and diced tomatoes with the sausage. Make sure the diced tomatoes are seasoned with oregano, garlic, and basil. Do not drain the diced tomatoes before adding.
- As the pasta starts to boil, reduce the heat and let the pasta cook for about 15 minutes on low heat. Put a lid on the skillet.
- When the pasta becomes soft, take the skillet off the heat and add the grated parmesan. Serve on a plate.
Italian Sausage Pasta – Some Tips
- Many people do not like Italian pork sausage. For them, it is better to opt for the Italian spicy chicken sausage so that the flavor remains more or less the same. You can’t make it without Italian sausage because in that case, the recipe will miss the excellent seasonings of the sausage.
- Don’t you like spicy food? In that case, you can use the milder version of Italian sausage. The dish will taste yummy, but the spiciness will, of course, be less.
- Make sure that you use only quality ingredients in the recipe because the taste depends a lot on the quality of the ingredients.
- Opt for the pasta that is made of only water and durum wheat semolina. It is better if you use the organic variety.
- The pasta should have a rough texture as this will be cooked to perfection, and the texture is ideal for holding the sausage mixture.
- Use the fine quality canned tomatoes as well as tomato sauce as they help in making the pasta delicious.
- Finally, the cheese works like the icing on the cake. So, do not forget to add it in a generous amount.