Pasta is one of the favorite choices for any food lover. It originated from the country of Italy. However, it is now a part of almost every country in the world. Each region has its way of cooking the pasta. Some people like to add freshly cooked vegetables in pasta to make it healthier. Furthermore, it takes very little time to prepare this delicious dish. In the following article, we explain the five steps to perfect pasta salad. Therefore, you must read this article very carefully to avoid any mistakes. People of all age groups will love to have this delicious pasta salad.
Cook 1 Pound Of Pasta
Take 16 ounces of pasta. Add one gallon of water and two tablespoons of salt in it and cook it, in boiling water until it becomes tender. Drain all the water. Use the olive oil to toss it and place it on the baking sheet yo cool. However, do not overcook it; otherwise, it can turn mushy.
Prepare 2 Pounds Of Main Ingredients
You can add various ingredients in pasta. It can be veggies, seafood, beans, or poultry. However, we recommend you to let one ingredient dominate in your dish.
Ideas for adding cooked vegetables:
You can boil some veggies to add them to your recipe. You can choose your favorite vegetables from the following list.
- Asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size lengths
- Broccoli or cauliflower, florets cut into bite-size pieces, stems peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick coins
- Green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size lengths
- Carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch coins
- Zucchini quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Snow peas or sugar snap peas, strings removed
Add Strong Flavors: Perfect Pasta Salad
These ingredients are essential to provide bold flavors to your pasta. However, you must use them in a little amount. Otherwise, it can ruin the taste of your dish. You can add pine nuts, basil, salami, pickled ginger, etc.
Ideas for strong flavors:
You can add your favorite ingredients to make pasta delicious. Do not add exceeding half a cup. The following is the list of intense flavors that you can try.
- Salami, sliced and quartered
- Parmesan, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Feta, crumbled
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- Capers drained (1/4 cup)
- Roasted peppers, cut into strips
- Peperoncini, drained and thinly sliced
- Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into small dice
- Prosciutto (8 ounces), thinly sliced, cut into small dice
- Bacon, fried and crumbled (8 ounces)
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Roasted or honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Sunflower seeds
- Toasted sesame seeds (1/4 cup)
Add Bright Accents: Perfect Pasta Salad
Without ingredients like onion, your pasta salad is incomplete. You can add diced red onion or small slices of green onion. For Asian-style salads, you can consider basil, citrus zest, and cilantro. You can also add mint and Dill. Add just one tablespoon of intense flavors like Rosemary and tarragon
Make A Salad Dressing
One cup salad is enough for the coating of your pasta. Moreover, make sure that dressing is emulsified and thick for absorbing the oil evenly. You can use lemon jui9ce or mild rice wine vinegar.
Assembling the Pasta Salad
Take a large bowl and place all the ingredients in it. Toss everything properly to distribute the dressing in all the pasta evenly. Now, your pasta salad is ready to serve. However, some flavors need some rest to blossom. Therefore, you can also let to sit your mixture for some time.