Veganism is the current rage in the world today and many people are becoming vegans owing to health benefits. One of the biggest reasons to be a vegan is to stop animal cruelty and slaughter. Just as veganism is a growing trend in the world today, so is the love for pasta. Hence, the love for pasta is not only restricted to Italy. It becomes a world cuisine, and every culture adapts the humble pasta as per their regional recipes. Here are some easy vegan pasta recipes you can try at home.
3 Easy Vegan Pasta Recipes
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium and finely chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Roast bell peppers on the stove or in an oven at 500 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove the peel and seeds.
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the packet. Drain and keep aside.
- Take a large skillet and pour in some oil.
- Fry the shallots and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sautéed onions and garlic in a blender and mix with roasted peppers, some almond milk, yeast, and cornstarch.
- Add some paprika for heat.
- Blend into a smooth sauce and then transfer again to the skillet to cook. Continue simmering, until nice and thick.
- Pour the boiled pasta noodles to this sauce. Mix well, and garnish with cheese and herbs.
Vegan Macaroni and cheese Pasta
- Elbow macaroni – 8 ounces
- Broccoli florets, cleaned
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- Peeled and grated potato, 1 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Pepper as per taste
- Mixed herbs ½ teaspoon
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Boil pasta in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Take a medium saucepan and heat some oil.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add the grated potato, garlic, spices, and stir well.
- Let the mixture boil until the potatoes are nice and tender.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until you get a smooth paste. Add some yeast to the blender before grinding. You can add some water to make it a little thin. Or you may also add cashew paste to make it thick.
- Add the pasta in the sauce and pour some vinegar in the end. Garnish with herbs and cheese.
Pappardelle Pasta With Pesto
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup Parmesan finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- Boil the pasta, drain, and keep aside.
- Take some oil in a frying pan and add pine nuts. Toast them slightly until golden brown. Remove from the flame and let the nuts cool down completely. Put the toasted nuts into a blender and add basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and 1/3 cup of oil. Blend into a smooth paste. Now pour some oil into a frying pan, and add the chopped onions. Sauté for some time and then add the pesto to the onions. Transfer into a bowl. Your pesto is ready.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the pesto sauce, and serve hot.
- You can also have some variations to this dish, by adding some vegetables of your choice. This is a very nutritious and healthy recipe as it has the goodness of pine nuts and basil.